The Hidden Benefits of Steam Cleaning Your Carpets
No matter the reason you are considering steam cleaning your carpets, steam cleaning is the perfect way to remove dust mites and protect the integrity of your carpet’s fibers. Carpets soil easily over time and though they might look clean on the surface they can be extremely dirty deep within the fibers. So if you are on the fence as to whether or not you should pay for professional carpet cleaning, consider these steam benefits.
1. Carpets that are cleaned with steam techniques have a longer life than carpets that are cleaned using the dry chemical method.
2. Steam cleaning gets hot enough in order to kill off dust mites, allergens and remove grime. In fact, dust mites, dead skin cells and even dead bugs can live deep within your carpet’s fibers and kick up every time you or someone else walks along the carpet. If you have noticed an increase in allergies, this might be the reason.
3. Professional cleaning your carpets reduces the number of carpet cleaning cleansers you have to purchase and eliminates the need for unused chemicals in the home.
4. Professionally steam cleaned carpets look better, feel better and even stay odor-free longer than carpets that are cleaned with dry chemicals.
5. Stains do not return on steamed carpets like they do dry chem carpets.
Finding the Best Provider
A lot of companies are switching to steam carpet cleaning, but the issue is their equipment and knowledge. These companies are new to steam cleaning and often are used to the dry chemical method. Therefore, when you are on the hunt for a cleaning company, you want to make sure the company you go with focuses on steam cleaning.
These eco-friendly services are experienced in the hot water extraction method that goes into steam cleaning carpets and they are also experienced in how steam impacts the integrity of your carpet. Just like dry chemical cleaning, steam cleaning requires a level of knowledge about carpet fibers and how they will react to the steam and all-natural carpet cleaning mediums.
How Often Do You Need to Clean?
Your home’s carpeting can soil quickly and even with frequent vacuuming, most experts recommend that you have your carpets cleaned once a year or at least once every 18 months to keep them fresh and soft. Regardless of how often you use steam carpet cleaning, the more you work to preserve the integrity of your carpet, the longer it will last you.